Email

domesticanddamned@gmail.com

Saturday, January 23, 2010

8 am phone

"Okay. Tell me about the book" I try to balance the little cell phone while I make a cup of coffee.

"I don't know." the Goddess says then screams as she's just burned herself with the hair straightener on the other end. Also trying to do something while balancing a cell phone. Both of us went totally cellular and got rid of house phones last year. "It's kinda like Bridget Jones but on crack."

"The character is a drug addict?"

"No she's...stupid hang on." I hear her drop the phone. Taking to my sister is like being on hold most the time and the second you give up and hang up she picks up again and gets mad at you. Well, me. She's not like this with anyone else. I listen sipping at my too hot coffee burning my mouth as I tend to do every morning. "I don't know. It's kinda of like Bridget Jones but not. It's crazier. But it sort of reminds me of Emma too. And that one I gave you few years back about the girl obsessed with Jack Wagner."

"So it's a typical chick-lit?"

"Pretty much. So do you want it or not cause otherwise I will take it in to work and offer it up in the staff room."

"Free books are good."

No comments:

Post a Comment