Email

domesticanddamned@gmail.com

Friday, January 22, 2010

January 22nd 2010

Ramen noodles.
Quick, cheap and easy. A favourite of many college students. A favourite of many living on social assistance.

I am one of those people.

It's mucky, cold and grey outside today. I got an email from my friend the Nurse telling me not to leave my apartment again today if I did not need to because it's so slippery. My sister the Goddess, sent me a text message saying the same thing. Both fell on their way to work today.
Lucky me, the only time I get thought of anymore is when the weather is bad. Thanks, I think.

I'm broke. Really need to get to the store for groceries, and I can't leave the apartment. I'm down to my last few packages of ramen noodles and a half bag of frozen veggies. At lest I have coffee right?

I'll get more to me as time goes on, and you'll understand. But let me introduce you to why I got these "too slippery to leave" messages today. I have Osteogenesis Imperfecta. Type 1. That translates into the brittle bone disease. I fall down I break, I bump into things I break.
I have more metal in me then a *Canadian Tire. Had more surgeries to fix shattered parts then I want to count.

Well, there you go, the beginning.


*Canadian Tire is the biggest hardware store chain in Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment