Email

domesticanddamned@gmail.com

Monday, March 15, 2010

Homemade Ramen


Photo by ME copyright hcvp'2010

You read the last post that my oven is dead.
There is one small working burner at this time.

Just enough for me to make a pot of something.

I went out to the grocery yesterday and bought a bag of noodles. Last night I made a small pot of homemade ramen.

3 cup water
1 medium onion sliced
1 cup frozen mixed veggies (carrots, celery, onion, red peppers)
1/2 cup frozen carrot coins
1/2 frozen Asian mixed veggies (broccoli, green beans, onion, mushroom)
pinch of dried oregano
pinch of salt
3 whole black peppercorns
pinch of red pepper flakes
pinch of marjoram
1 vegetable broth cube
2 handfuls of steamed broadcut noodles

Boil all ingredients EXCEPT the noodles for 20 minutes. Add extra water if needed, stirring every few minutes. Then add dry noodles. Stir turn off heat and serve.
This severs three.

3 comments:

  1. This looks good and a great alternative to the HUGE salt levels of packaged ramen. I love Ramen when I'm sick.

    Who am I kidding... it was a staple of my diet during my college dorm days. Try it without the broth and just make a sauce with the flavor packet. Creamy chicken flavor is the best this way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Ramen, but I've never made my own. Have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping in. I spent the afternoon at my mothers, and I made another batch while I was there. Video taped it too, so I will have a video up most likely tomorrow.
    Different flavour.

    ReplyDelete