Email

domesticanddamned@gmail.com

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Is he anorexic?

Odd conversations are the norm when it comes to my buddy Joshua.
And last night we were chatting about nothing serious and then suddenly we were; out of nowhere he says
"I think Mr. S. is anorexic. You totally nailed it with your comment about him needing to gain 5 pounds a while back."

"Um what?" I staggered. Joshua hates talking about Mr. S. in any way shape or form.

"I believe you are right. I never have seen him eat." Joshua is in the same business as Mr.S and has worked with him before as I mentioned here "He's one of those guys who eats like a model on a diet."

Okay, this is interesting. For whatever reason, Joshua decided he wanted to share information. He never wants to tell me anything about the business, having a conversation with him about wrestling is like pulling teeth. So what's up with this tidbit?
Then our conversation switched again and I just could not get another straight answer out of him. I hate it when he does that to me.

But that got me wondering about pressures society are putting not just on women any more, but the men too?

4 comments:

  1. yep, things are definitely getting as difficult for men image-wise as women. Sad times we live in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so sad that people are worried about their weight so much. But I'm amazed at the portions in places. And the children...they are worried too.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can tell you, I saw a couple of gals at the gym yesterday who really might have eating disorders. And they were beyond pencil-thin. I can tell you that society's "norms" don't put to much pressure on moi! SITS sent me by, and I'm glad they did...

    Will We Ever Have School Again?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gotten really sad. It's bad enough when you meet a guy who is naturally skinny, it's another thing all together when he's more worried about his tummy then you are.

    ReplyDelete