Email

domesticanddamned@gmail.com

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Taste the addiction

Photo by Me copyright hcvp'09

For the last two nights, I have had homemade soup for dinner.
I made a batch of Red Pepper Soup back in Dec. and froze half. Which I originally posted on my cooking blog here
I should not have been hungry after having a bowl of this. But I was last night. Or so I thought. It wasn't that I was hungry, it was I was not satisfied. I had to go and make a package of ramen noodles at 10:30pm last night.
Yes, I have had so much of it, that my body is craving it now like an addict.

Red Pepper Soup

1 stalk celery
1 large mushroom
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon butter.
3 cups water
1 red pepper
4 leaves fresh oregano
1 cup uncooked pasta
1/2 cup sliced green beans
1 can stewed tomatoes
extra water as needed.

Chop the celery and mushroom and saute them with the butter and garlic for 3 minutes, then add the water. Let simmer on medium heat for half hour.
Cut the pepper into strips and add it to your mix, stir and continue to simmer now on a lower heat for another half hour, pinch up the oregano leaves and add. Stir. continue simmering for another 15 minutes.
Add the green beans and the stewed tomatoes, stir, add extra water if needed, simmer for another 15 minutes then add uncooked pasta.
Let simmer with lid on for another half hour.

5 comments:

  1. Anything sauteed with butter and garlic is heaven in my mind. And in my mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Found you on SITS!
    Finally a blog post about food... This looks easy to make and yummy.... you can use egg noodles or vermicelli if you are craving for some ramen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this. I've been looking for a new soup recipe...

    ReplyDelete
  4. We loved red peppers and I've been looking for a new recipe, thanks!

    Stopping by from SITS :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are very welcome.
    This was one of those recipes that didn't have a recipe, just me in my kitchen on a winter day with the desire to cook.

    ReplyDelete