Email

domesticanddamned@gmail.com

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

It's not as simple as it sounds


I know I should not let it get to me, but it does.
Networking.

Here on this thing. I know it takes time to build a blogging circle, trust me I have been at this long enough to know that.
So you circle blogs, leave comments, and hope they return the favour. Some do, some do not.
I understand having to have comments on lockdown because of spammers I really do, but it upsets me when I leave a comment for someone and sign up to follow their blog or at lest that post and my comment doesn't appear.

Silly, yes but it still bothers me.

That's happened more then a few times in the last few weeks.
I don't know if its a case of they didn't know me so they didn't post the comment (isn't that what the "network circles" are for meeting new bloggers?) or if they took a look at my profile and decided cause I am into things they are not that they didn't post the comment or whatever.

And some people are just stuck up no matter what. I understand that too.
It's just not as easy to break into the "cliques" that are out there on the internet.

Okay, enough of my pity party rant.

6 comments:

  1. I've never had this happen to me but it happened to my sister. It drove her crazy wondering what it was about her comment that made it unacceptable. Truth was it was a perfectly good comment.

    Anyway, I don't "approve" my comments or even delete ones that are mean. I have that word verification thingy and that's served me well.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and I'm going to follow you. One day when all your networking pays off I want you to say to yourself, "Bethany followed me way back when." and never forget about me. :)

    oh and you should consider connecting your blogger profile to an e-mail. I tried to e-mail you and it didn't give me an address.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's difficult.
    Oh, I didn't realize I was not hooked up to the email.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i stopped in from SITS to say hello! and well, it takes a while to build a blog base..and even then, peeps just fall off. i hate it, but it happens. life happens for peeps and well, you get it.

    nice to meet you...i say a pic of a coffee cup...i'm a major coffee-a-holic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi....i found you through sits and signed up to follow you! i never understand peoples hesitancy to sign up to follow other blogs. it does take time to get a base going too so don't give up. just keep visiting and leaving comments and sooner or later you get a network going. unless we all just get buried in snow never to be heard from again! hehe...right now it seems like it could happen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally understand your frustration. It really bugs me when I take the time to comment on someone's blog, and they can't bother to visit my blog to comment back or at least reply via email. I mostly refuse to follow blogs where I don't get any type of response, and when I stumble on them again, I remember. I'm going to follow you--I love the title of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mommaof4wife2r Thank you for coming over to the blog. I very much like the whole idea of SITS.

    jaz@octoberfarm Yes life can bury you indeed, without the snow. I have been circling the wagons trying to visit as many blogs as possible in both my topics and random ones from SITS

    Elle @ A for Effort Thank you. I got the title from eating too many of them. And yes you are right, I never let more then a day pass before commenting back on other blogs. I check my emails and blogs a few times in the day and do my best to reply the second I see a comment.

    ReplyDelete