Email

domesticanddamned@gmail.com

Friday, April 30, 2010

I did good!

You might have heard me say that I was reading this book this week for review.
I posted the review on my book blog here (under my other account/real name)
I really really liked this book. I've done reviews before and suffered with the whole thing. In case you haven't picked up on things, if I don't like something I'm not afraid to say so. Yes, I've given a bad review before.

But the Kitchen House was a brilliant read.
The author Kathleen Grissom is a wonderful writer, and given the topic of her novel, a very brave woman.

I woke this morning to find a personal thank you message in my email from her.
In the past, I've only heard back from press agents and publishers. So, to hear from the author herself, that totally made my week.

4 comments:

  1. How cool is that! I love to read and am going over to check out your other blog.

    I am coming by from SITS, and have coincidentally visited your blog before:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would have made my week too! How wonderful. I reviewed some of my very favorite books as a child recently and heard from the woman who is in charge of the authors estate. I was blown away!
    http://www.aworkinprogress.net/2010/03/another-book-review-works-of-dare.html

    Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks.

    I've been over to both your blogs before too. What's even cooler, the author agreed to an interview later this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's super cool! :D

    Stopping by from SITS

    ReplyDelete